Both these grids provide their own official viewers, which are probably the best choice for beginners.
- Inworldz – Where most of Celyddons lands are based and the best grid for sailing
- Second Life – The largest and most popular virtual 3D world
Third Party Viewers:
- Cool VL Viewer – Frequently updated third party viewer that supports RLV
- Firestorm Viewer – Popular viewer with many funtions. Choose the opensim version if you want to use it on Inworldz as well as Second Life
- Imprudence Viewer – Regarded by some as the best viewer for builders. Does not allow multiple accounts.
- Singularity Viewer – Open source viewer, highly regarded and available on Windows, Apple and Linux.
- Lumiya Viewer – No link because its only available for Android devices on Google Play. Costs about 5.00 GBP, but its the only viewer I know of that allows you to look around SL on a smart phone.
Virtual Currency Exchange:
If you need currency on Inworldz or Second Life you can get it from the grid, but with Inworldz you also have the option of using a third party exchange
Other Important Sites:
- Second Life Grid Status – Planned maintenance and anoucements for Second Life
Links to Locations on Inworldz (You will need your viewer):
- Loose Cannon Shipyard – Very high quality SPD sailing ships by Modee Parlez